Black braided horizontal with black beads

Black braided horizontal with black beads

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Jump for the Rose

It's funny how things happen sometimes!

I went to the American Revolution Boogie this past weekend at Skydive Dallas, ready to jump my PD Pulse 150 demo while braving the 100 degree heat. As I was walking through the hanger, I noticed a women putting on two leg braces when she was getting ready to make a jump. I got so excited when I saw this- I went up to her a said, "I thought I was the only one who wore two leg braces when they jump!" We got to talking and it turns out that she is involved with organizing Jump for the Rose. The Rose is a non-profit organization that benefits women who are in need of breast cancer services who cannot afford it on their own. A skydiver's life was saved by The Rose. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer and did not have health insurance, The Rose stepped in. Now she is giving back by raising money through the Texas Women's State Record.

Although I was invited last year, I was unable to participate due to knee surgery. This year is a different story, and I participated in a Jump for the Rose camp at Skydive Dallas yesterday.

So what does this have to do with 3 Ring Necklace you may ask? The woman who founded Jump for the Rose (the breast cancer survivor) wears a 3 Ring Necklace. She was telling me all about how much she loves the necklace and wishes more skydivers could get them since they are hard to find. I will be designing a vertical and a horizontal necklace for Jump for the Rose and 100% of the proceeds will benefit this great cause!! Pictures of designs will be coming soon!

No comments:

Acceptance Mark

I'm in the silver helmet and purple and blue jumpsuit

AFF Course with Jay Stokes