Black braided horizontal with black beads

Black braided horizontal with black beads

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's all happens for a reason

What had happened was...

So I had to return the Pulse 150 demo to PD but then that would leave me without a main canopy. I placed an order for the same canopy through a not-to-be-named gear supplier. It turns out they only accept REQUESTS for orders, not actual orders.

Dumb, right? I know.

After not getting a confirmation, email or call back from the company and it's already a Tuesday afternoon (I want to get the canopy for this coming weekend), I tried calling them. No answer. So I call again. And again. And AGAIN. I finally get a hold of a person only to be told that I can't get the canopy for 2 weeks. WHAT?!?!? I was told from PD that since this canopy is IN STOCK that I would get mailed right away. Nope, it's in the pile of all the other orders, waiting to be placed. You'll get it when we get to it, I was told.

*shakes head*

What do skydivers do when the canopy doesn't work? We CUT AWAY! I called Square One and Jackie was awesome! She hooked me up with the canopy and had it dropped shipped to me so I will get it on Friday. SWA-EEET!

Here's the REALLY cool part: while giving her my contact info, she asked for my email address. "Sure, it's 3ringnecklace@gmail.com," I replied. "3 ring necklace? I knew your name looked familiar! I've been wanting to place an order from you!" she squealed in delight. I will be sending off 24 necklaces to Square One, both horizontal and vertical designs. If you're in Perris, stop by Square One and pick up a necklace! Blue skies!!

1 comment:

JHH said...

I am a skydiving senior citizen. Here is a quote from a generation before mine. "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Keep jumping
Helen Keller

Acceptance Mark

I'm in the silver helmet and purple and blue jumpsuit

AFF Course with Jay Stokes