Black braided horizontal with black beads

Black braided horizontal with black beads

Saturday, November 15, 2008

BRRRRRRR!!!!!

I can't complain too much, but I guess after living in the South for 8 years, I have developed a thin skin. Right now I'm at Skydive Spaceland in Rosharon, Texas. For those of you who don't know, Rosharon is south of Houston, close to the coastline to the Gulf of Mexico. It's in the 40s or 50s right now with the winds in the 20 mph range. Needless to say, the reason why I'm staying on the ground is not because of the temperature, but rather because of the winds.

This cooler weather is bringing me back to my childhood days of growing up in New York. School started just after Labor Day, with the trees starting to turn colors soon afterward. Halloween night consisted of luging around my plastic pumpkin while wearing a coat underneath my costume and the sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet. This being my first winter in Texas, I am thinking of how much colder it is in New York right now and how much I DON'T miss walking to high school in the freezing cold. My mother is coming to Texas for Thanksgiving and she's probably going to think we're having a tropical heat wave in comparison to the Hudson Valley in New York. My sister, who lives in Port Jervis NY, has already gotten snow.

With that being said, I can't complain...too much.

No comments:

Acceptance Mark

I'm in the silver helmet and purple and blue jumpsuit

AFF Course with Jay Stokes